Help shape the redrawing of Alberta's federal electoral boundaries
Due to the increased population in the Province of Alberta, there will be six new ridings created in this province prior to the next federal election. The first draft of new electoral boundaries
has been released by the Electoral Boundaries Commission, and will be open to a consultation process prior to becoming official.
There will be three public hearings on the proposed electoral boundaries in the Edmonton region at the following times:
- Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 1:00 p.m.
(All hearings will be held at the Westin Hotel - 10135 100 St.)
These hearings are your opportunity to participate in the process of redrawing the electoral map. I would encourage you to attend and provide your feedback. There is also the possibility to make a presentation at one of the hearings. The process for doing so is as follows:
If you wish to make a presentation at a hearing or submit a comment, you should inform the commission in writing as soon as possible, but no later than August 10, 2012.
Your notice of presentation should include:
- your name, address and contact information
- the organization you represent (if any)
- the date of the public hearing that you wish to attend
- a short overview of the issues you intend to address
- your official language of preference, and
- any accommodation needs you may have.
Your written notice can be sent to the Commission Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
or you can fill out this form online
You can also send your written notice by mail to:
Ms. Ooldouz Sotoudehnia
Federal Electoral Boundaries Commission for Alberta
Harry Hays Building
220 4th Avenue Southeast, Suite 168
For more information on the Electoral Boundaries Commission visit their website